Here's ten of the best reasons to come on a Rock & Roam weekend:
1. To experience the crisp clean air and dramatic landscape of the Donegal Gaeltacht.
2. If you have a cupla focal and would like to brush up, not only will you be in the heart of the Gaeltacht but your walking guide from Walking Donegal is fluent and will tell the history of the area and other interesting stories and local folklore in Irish. A class can easily be arranged as part of your Rock & Roam weekend.
3. Rock climbing in Donegal has some of the best if the not the best in the country, according to Iian Miller of Unique Ascent, our expert rock climber, "there is more rock in Donegal than anywhere else in Ireland". This man knows what he's talking about.
4. One of the most popular walks is Poisoned Glen, Dunlewy, where there are two resident Golden Eagles and a new addition of late, you can often see them flying above which is a spectacular sight.
5 . Getting to Donegal is easy, by car, by coach, Mc Ginley, Mangan Tours, Bus Feda or Patrick Gallagher, or you can fly to Donegal from Dublin or Glasgow, this package also includes accommodation, car hire and flights via Donegal Airport.
7. If one of your group would rather do something relaxing there is a spa nearby at An Cúirt Hotel.
8. After the walk, we always stop off at Teach Sean Ógs for some of the best Seafood chowder and catch the match (if there's no match, there'll be a seisúin!). Sean Ógs is also a great place for a party, its known to get a little wild, their cocktail nights are very popular!
9. Rock & Roam is the perfect weekend getaway to experience the outdoors, destress, have some craic, relax and be ready for work again Monday morning, without going too far away.
10. It’s a healthier stag and hen alternative, still time for plenty craic along with the activities. Email us if this is what you have in mind, all budgets can be catered for.